Thursday, 15 November 2012
Chocolate Cashew Truffles
These truffles remind me of Christmas which is great because that's where we're headed! The little white cashew bits look a bit like fairy lights to me which are my favourite thing about Christmas.
I don't know why we don't just keep fairy lights on buildings and trees forever. I don't think I'd ever get sick of them.
If you'd like to eat a fairy light you've come to the right place.
This is a raw recipe so even though the truffles special and chocolatey they're really quite healthy and rather than having to to go to sleep after a few of them you might prefer instead to go for a walk in the snow.
That's why I like raw desserts. Do you know of any other good ones?
You will need: (for about 15 truffles)
60 g unsalted cashews
160g of pitted dates
1 Tbsp of cocoa
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tsp of sea salt
80 g of good quality dark chocolate (completely optional and should be taken out if you're eating RAW)
1. EASY. Pitt your dates using both good hands.
2. Place all the ingredients (except the chocolate if you're using) in a food processor and mix on medium power for a couple of minutes. You'll end up with a mixture that looks something like this...
3. Its all bitty but you'll find that as soon as you start rolling the mixture into balls its sticks together really easily.
4. Make about even-sized truffle balls and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Eat for an energy snack before running or serve with a lazy bowl of winter ice-cream. yes.